Because we inhabit this physical world with nature, animals, and other elements it would make sense that we would also co-exist in a spiritual world as well.
I honor the forces of nature, and I see this world as inhabited by many different spirits. To some, this is referred to as Animism. Just as my ancient ancestors the Celts, I believe that many spirits and divine beings inhabit the world around us…and as humans, we can establish a rapport and communicate with these beings.
The presence of the Spiritual or “Supernatural” is integral to and completely interwoven within the material world we currently exist in. Every rock, tree, animal, material, and element is inspirited and thus has the ability to communicate. Other beings we see in the spiritual sense can consist of Archangels, Spirit Guides, Angels, Ascended Masters, departed souls, and of course animals.
All beings are here to help protect, educate, heal and inspire us along our journey; and can often be broken into 4 categories: Messenger, Journey, Lifetime, Shadow. This is the same for any guide that appears in our life.
Messenger Guide(s): This guide will appear in order to guide/warn you on specific situations.
- It is important to note that these guides choose you!
- They will keep reappearing until the specific message is received.
Journey Guide(s): These guides will appear when you approach a “fork in the road” along your journey, or when a decision is needed to change your journey’s course.
- These guides are also ones that choose you.
- They will stay until you have safely been redirected or have made your decision.
- This could be days, months or years
Lifetime Guide(s): For these spirits, we have entered a contract…one that was signed prior to coming to our human form.
- These are beings that we have chosen to help teach, heal, guide us in our daily lives.
- They continually remind us of our strengths and innermost abilities.
- They are contracted often to stay with us for life, but this could depend on our individual contracts.
- For most, they will have more than one being that is a “lifetime” guide.
Shadow Guide(s): These guides are here to test you. They come to you when areas of our lives need to change. Often times when they appear they are ones that instill some type of “fear”. That is because, for most in our human form, change is not something that is always welcomed.
- These are definitely guides that chose you!
- They will keep reappearing in your life until a positive change is made.
To work with your spirit guide(s) is to step into the power you are most in need of at that moment. This can help you feel more grounded, give you the confidence to take on a new task, make you feel your beauty inside and out or give you the strength to ask for help when you need it. Above all, by understanding and communicating with our guides it not only can help you to feel more confident, proactive and supported but you will begin to share in the Power and Medicine of the Spiritual World!